Baseball just ended and I am glad that Carson wanted to play this year. He had a few hits that touched the fence. He played mostly 1st base and was amazing.
There was a boy on Carson's team named Jackson. He had some mental and physical disabilities and his mom said that he didn't talk until he was 5 and didn't talk until he was 8. The last two years he has played and never gotten a hit. The coaches usually just put him in right field and everyone had to keep reminding him to watch the game and stop sitting down and picking dandelions. He got up to bat one game and the coach came out and showed him were to put his feet. The pitcher just lobbed the pitches in and Jackson hit one!! We were all screaming and cheering him on. The hit went right back to the pitcher. The pitcher babbled the ball on purpose then threw it to first who "accidentally" dropped it. Jackson made it all the way home on errors. His mom was crying, I was on the verge, and everyone was screaming they were so happy for him. The other team was even cheering him on. I think he got a hit against every team and every team made errors so he could run the bases. I was so impressed with the boys. It left such a good feeling. Boys aren't so bad.
0 comments:
Post a Comment