Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Getaway

For the past few years Allen and I have escaped to Wendover around Valentine's day. It's a great tradition. I usually bring some sort of paper craft to work on and Allen does a little gambling. Allen said,"Why do I like coming out here so much? I don't really like gambling, maybe it is because we get to getaway together." I loved hearing that. I felt like crap though. I started feeling yucky last Friday, but it was just a little sniffle. Yesterday we got home and I just crashed and have been in bed ever since. It is now a full blown cough, sore throat, boogies, and I am afraid that my kidneys are suffering from it.
This is us in front of the Red Garter. We had never been here before, so we tried it out for breakfast. It was good and cheap, but I am pretty sure the workers were from the bottom of the bucket. They couldn't make it in the big casinos.
I ordered an apple juice for breakfast and the waitress brought it out filled to the brim. We had no idea how she even brought it out without spilling it everywhere. The glass of apple juice was just about more expensive then the breakfast.

0 comments: