Carson's Birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been able to find a minute to "honor" him. My pregnancy was horrible! I kept thinking, "this kid better be worth it!" Between the months 2-9 were pure Hell. I vomited on average of 10 times a day. We were renting a condo at the time and the owners had painted with an oil based paint which smelled like fish to me. When we would get home from somewhere Allen would have to run ahead and make sure there was nothing in my line to the bathroom because every time I came home I puked. With all the puking you would think that I would have trouble gaining weight, nope, I gained 70 pounds. I worried my entire pregnancy that something was happening with the baby, but my doctor kept checking and everything seemed fine. My due date was October 4, 2001. I went in for my weekly check up on Wednesday, September 19th. My blood pressure was high and I was losing a lot of protein from my kidneys, my doctor did some blood work and sent me home. My doctor was Dr. Farnsworth, who actually delivered me, I thought that was pretty cool. On Friday,
September 21st my doctor called me and told me to bring up my overnight bag because I had toxemia and he was going to start me.

Besides a picture of me in a swimming suit, this is the only pregnancy picture we took. Pretty sad.
The little man, Carson Allen Ackerson, was born on September 22, 2001 at 8:51 a.m. The doctor came in at 8:30 and it was a very easy delivery. I was in Labor for about 15 hours. He was 17 1/4 inches long and weighed 6 lbs. He was perfect! He was almost named Carson Indiana Ackerson.
We got to come home on Monday, September 24 and we were greeted by Grandma and Grandpa Miller and Aunt Tara.
Carson was blessed on Grandma Debbie's birthday, October 28th. He was so handsome in his cute little Tux. Daddy gave him an amazing blessing and then afterwards we had a nice get together at my parent's house.

I Loved having a newborn baby and Carson was such a good baby. He was always so happy and smiley. He only cried when he was hungry or
poopy. He had a couple of ear infections that we didn't even know about because he never let on that he didn't feel well.

I love the above picture. This is about the time he started sitting up on his own, about 6 months old. He looks so chunky and cuddly.
At one year old Carson weighed a whopping 17 lbs. and 11 oz. and was 28 inches long. Carson's 2nd Christmas was fun. He loved his mommy and loved cuddling, he still does. Daddy loved making him laugh and would sing this silly caterpillar song to him, he loved it.
Carson has always been an active little man. His first year of t-ball was a little hard for him. He had to stand around when the ball wasn't hit to him, but he managed to find other things to do.
Our handsome boy now. He now weighs 67 lbs. and is 4' 2" tall. He Loves playing video games, but doesn't sit and play them, he is constantly jumping up and down. It is crazy, after having play dates the parents always comment on the jumping while playing video games. He has lost 5 teeth and has a couple of loose ones ready to fall out. At his last dentist appointment he had SIX cavities! Ugh! Carson is a very cautious boy and is very law abiding. He is very respectful to all his teachers and the adults around him, except for his parents. Carson likes to take his time on things, which really means he is sometimes unmotivated. He would have made an excellent Hippie. We catch him in La La land quite a bit. We love our Pookie Boy and can't imagine our life without him.
4 comments:
"...and is very law abiding.." cute! Thanks for putting this up. I got teary eyed thinking about all of the times I've missed with him. He was such a good baby! I don't ever remember him crying. Love you guys.
Happy 9th birthday, Carson! I just love that kid. I still think it's wild that we had the SAME obs for our first two babies! They are such great doctors! Hey we want to see the bathing suit pic ;)
Awwww... what a sweet little thing. That was cute. I hope someday our kids realize how much we love them. Especially after having to raise them!
Missy, I love this post!! Look how cute your pregnancy picture is! Wow, I didn't know you were that sick with Carson. Your amazing!
Post a Comment