Thursday, May 06, 2010

Follow up Appt.

I went to my follow up appointment with my GI doctor Trowbridge today. I really like him. I told him that I was bleeding again on Tuesday and we are really hoping that the c-diff isn't coming back. I took some blood work and gave another "sample." Hopefully they will come back normal. He gave me some prescriptions to help slow down things, since I am still going about 10 times a day. He also gave me some pro-biotics to help replenish what I have been losing. I have been cramping in my lower stomach which he says is my stomach having spasms, so he gave me some meds for that. In the hospital my pain level was usually always around a 1 or 2, but at home it is more of a 5 or 6 at times. I think it might have something to do with not having my anti-biotics for 4 days. I am just hoping that we don't have to start all over again.
I think we have decided that I went into the hospital with an underlying colitis problem that we are still trying to figure out, but we can't find out until the c-diff clears up. I will have to go back in to have another colonscopy probably next month. We think that I got the c-diff from the old anti-biotics I took in March to help clear up my sinus infection.

1 comments:

Tara G. said...

Crazy that the old antibiotics could do that to you. Good luck with your appointment...did you already go? I will be there from the 30th - the 8th. Love you.T