Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baptism Day

Carson, Bentley, and Jacob Ackerson-their first Christmas. I think it was Great Grandma Allen that gave all the 2001 babies these santa socks and hats. There were a lot of babies born this year on Allen's side.
Eight years later and those same 3 Ackerson boys got baptized. We were able to go up to Heber and join Jacob and Bentley. It was such a nice day. Each of the moms got to spotlight their son and thankfully I didn't pass out. I think I just need to start small and work up to a bigger group. Carson took a little prompting to get in the water, but after Allen helped him out of the font he wanted to do it again. We need to start working on thank you cards. I am going to have Carson write them, so that may take a while to get through them all. I am so happy that Allen is a Priesthood holder and that he was able to baptize Carson and be such a good example to our children. I am glad I have such wonderful Sister-in-laws who helped with the food and taking pictures since I forgot my camera. Kim, Heather and I coordinated the program, announcements, and everything else all by phone or e-mail. What wonderful families we have. Thanks everyone who helped.


3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

That is so fun you guys got to do it with all three of them together. I bet it was such a great day. I am so terrified to do the spotlight I will probably cry the whole time. Congrats carson

Audrey said...

That is so fun! What a cute picture of all three of them as babies!

Unknown said...

how fun that the three cousins were able to get baptized together! love your blog it is very cute!

if you send me your email I will send you an invite to our blog too.