Friday, June 26, 2009

Our New Arrival

This is a bear from Arctic Circle. It is pretty small. She is a little bit shorter than a My Little Pony. Ellie compared the two the other day.
Monday I took the kids and one of their friends to the Pet Store for a "field trip." The sign out front said huge puppy sale, so I figured it would be fun to go see them all. As we were leaving we made one last stop at the cages by the front door and saw this little puppy sitting there all alone. I asked if we could get her out and pet her and that may have been my down fall. Under all the floppy hair these big eyes looked at me and said please take me home. I just couldn't resist. I have wanted a Shih tzu forever and I finally gave in. My justification is selfish, a dog or an adoptive baby and since Allen says no more babies I had to jump at the chance for a puppy. At first Allen was not too thrilled about our new addition. He won't admit it to anyone, but I think he is already attached to the little fur ball. At the pet store they said she weighed 3 lbs. We took her in to see the girls at Allen's work and one of them said she didn't weigh more than a big mac. They put her up on the drug scale and said she was 700 grams, which translate to 1 1/2 lbs. I can't believe how much like a baby she is. We have her sleeping downstairs and the first couple of nights she cried for us to come and get her, but now she goes right to sleep when we put her down in her box. She likes a lot of attention, which is fine, since everyone that sees her thinks she is so stinkin' cute.
Dirty face, she is getting a bath today. It is hard to get a picture of her eyes, since the floppy hair is always in her eyes.


3 comments:

Tara G. said...

HOLY COW! She is so cute. DId you name her yet...I'm telling ya, she looks like a little Molly. I can't wait to meet her!

Audrey said...

How fun! I can't wait to see her!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

my stinking cute. Madelyn needs to see that puppy! how lucky!