Saturday, January 06, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

So my birthday was a week ago but it kind of got put on the back burner because Chad had to take that one special day away from me...Just kidding Chaddy boy! I really didn't mind sharing with them, we don't really do anything fantastic for birthdays now that we are old. I figured Allen probably forgot about it anyways because he had to work the night before and we were leaving early Friday morning and I hadn't seen any mysterious boxes laying around. I went in the kitchen and found a dozen roses, a hot glue gun, and a glue gun holder box. I was really surprised! Allen never gives me gifts, especially never flowers. I have been doing a lot of projects and have been borrowing my neighbor Staci's glue gun and Allen noticed that I couldn't find mine, so he bought me one. What a good guy. Here I thought he never listens or pays attention to me, he proved me wrong. My parents got me a sewing machine! I am going to try to make Ellie's doll a blanket...We'll see how that turns out and then maybe I can eventually try bigger things. Allen's parents gave me a gift card to Walmart. I love Walmart and can't wait for the one in Centerville to be finished. The closest one to us is in the ghetto and Allen doesn't let me go there after dark. The last time we went he took the kids while I did some shopping and then we met up at the front and he had this strange, nervous look on his face. I asked what was going on and he had just broken up a fight of two Hispanic girls in the jewelry department. They were pushing over racks and ripping out each others hair. The employees all took off, so Allen put the kids in the shopping cart and went over and wrestled them apart. One of the girls and her mom were pretty upset with Allen, so Allen was a little concerned of retaliation while he was with the kids. Luckily a lady figured out that the two kids in the shopping cart looked exactly like the white stallion that was in the middle of the dark haired girls fighting and waited with them so no one wandered off with them. She looked at Carson and said, "Is that your daddy?" The kids seemed to be un-phased by any of it because they didn't mention any of it when I found them. My Grandma gave me a gift card to TJMax and my Aunt Carol gave me a new shirt. I was really surprised that so many of my friends remembered my birthday. On the ride to Idaho Allen got a call on his cell phone for me. My friend Mandi from our neighborhood 4 years ago (we still keep in contact) called to wish me a happy birthday. That was such a good gift!!! I haven't talked to her for along time and for her to remember my birthday really meant a lot to me. When we got home from Idaho I had a bag of self pampering products waiting for me from my friend Meagan. I use the lotion and Carson always comments on how nice it smells. I love lotion. My best friend on Longleaf (We started calling each other that as a joke and we just keep calling each other that...or maybe we really are best friends on Longleaf..that's the street we live on) Staci, made me a scarf!!! I can't believe how talented she is. That girl can do any type of craft you can imagine. I am sure I am forgetting someone or something, but Thank you everyone who remembered me last week. The gifts were/are all fabulous.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I am a jerk, I didn't even know it was your birthday!! I am an awful friend! So I owe you lunch, and we'll even leave the kids home!! Happy belated birthday!!

Missy said...

Whatever! I wasn't expecting anything from anyone. When is your birthday? I am sure I have missed it.

Staci said...

anyone can use the loom i used for your scarf. that's why i love it. it's a no-brainer! so i may seem crafty but i'm really not...or is it because i am so stinkin' cheap. i have been forced into reproducing things to fit my budget. it's quite sad really. but glad you had a wonderful birthday. can't wait to see what i get you next year! maybe a hat to match the scarf!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I am still laughing at the Walmart story. I actually went there saturday night to get something and I almost started to cry because I Was so scared for me and M. I am vowing not to go back! there was this bum/psycho guy standing behind me chanting and rolling his eyes back in his head- good lord!